Southwestern Idaho® Potato Skins
- 4 large Idaho® potatoes
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ½ teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1 cup black beans
- ½ cup corn kernels
- 2 large tomatoes
- ¾ of a white onion
- 1 cup cilantro
- ½ teaspoon salt
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 whole avocado
- sour cream
- Preheat oven to 425°F degrees. Line a cookie sheet with foil.
- Wash and dry the potatoes and rub olive oil and add a dash of salt to each potato.
- Pierce potatoes with a fork a few times and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake potatoes until tender, about 45 minutes.
- Bake, then allow to cool slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Once cooled, cut each potato in half and scoop out the insides (you'll want to leave about 1/4 inch layer of meat).
- Sprinkle potato skins with shredded cheese, black beans, and corn kernels.
- Bake potato skins until the cheese is melted, about 10-15 minutes.
- Finely dice the onion and chop the tomato and cilantro.
- Combine onion, tomato and cilantro and sprinkle in salt and lime juice (resulting in homemade Pico de Gallo).
- Top each potato skin with the homemade Pico de Gallo, chopped avocado and a spoonful of sour cream. Serve immediately.
- Time Saving Tip: Prebake the potatoes a day ahead of time and scoop out the insides. Assemble and bake right before serving, but please note that it may take an extra 5-10 minutes in the oven before the cheese melts.