Classic Idaho® Potato Fingerling Kebabs
Since the dawn of family meals, meat and potatoes has been on the menu, cropping up in any number of ways, and our family loves any variety that involves a kebab style meal. Finger food at its best made with soft fingerling potatoes and a mixed medley meatball; this dish is just as great right out of the oven as it from the fridge. Add a variety of fingerlings to give it color, and pair with your favorite dip. This dish is the best way to get everyone around the dinner table on a busy mid-weeknight.
- 12 Idaho® Fingerling Potatoes
- ½ pound of ground pork
- ½ pound of ground beef
- ½ cup of breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup of plain yogurt
- ½ cup of cream cheese
- juice of ½ a lemon
- 2 tablespoon of chipotle sauce (the liquid from the can, the whole peppers if you want more heat).
- 1 roasted garlic clove
- Wash your fingerling potatoes and then toss them in a large mixing bowl with olive oil and salt while your oven pre-heats to 425° F.
- Tip your potatoes onto a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes.
- While your potatoes bake, add the ground pork and beef, egg and breadcrumbs to a large mixing bowl and blend together with your hands. Form them into golf ball size balls and then place them onto a baking sheet evenly spaced.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven, cover with foil, and allow them to rest at room temperature.
- Turn the heat down to 350° F and bake your meatballs for 15 minutes, or until fully cooked.
- While the meatballs bake, prepare you dip by adding the mayo, chipotle, lemon juice and garlic to a food processor and blitz until smooth and creamy.
- Add your meatballs and fingerlings to a kebab stick, and serve with a chipotle lemon mayo or your favorite dipping sauce.
Time Saving Tip: Make this a family cooking experience by enlisting your children to prepare the kebab sticks.