Idaho® Potato Skordalia (Greek Potato-Garlic Dip)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 medium (about 8 ounces) Idaho® potato, baked or boiled, cooled, and peeled*
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 pimento-stuffed green olives
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- If desired, microwave the garlic for 20 seconds to soften the flavor.
- In a food processor or blender, combine garlic, potato, vinegar, oil, olives and salt, and process until smooth. For a thinner consistency, add 2-3 tablespoons of water to the mixture.
Serve with raw vegetables and pita chips or wedges.
*Cook’s Tip: For a quick-cook potato, pierce potato in several areas and microwave on high for 6 minutes or until tender when pierced with a fork.
Yield: 6 servings
Sugar: 0 g
Sodium: 182 mg
Fat: 5 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Carbs: 7 g
Fiber: 1 g
Protein: 1 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg