Classic Idaho® Russet Twice Baked Curried Potatoes
- 3 pounds of Idaho® Russet potatoes
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup of olive oil (enough to coat them in the first baking)
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon coriander powder
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper powder (optional)
- 1 tablespoon turmeric powder
- pinch cardamom powder
- ½ cup of olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, roasted and diced
- a few fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
- Peel, and evenly chop your Idaho® Russet potatoes and par boil them for 6-7 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 375° F, and toss the potatoes in the strainer to rough the edges of the potatoes before tossing them into a baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper and then use a wooden spoon to ensure that they are evenly coated before baking for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and either allow them to cool before storing them in the fridge for completing tomorrow, or continue with the double roasting.
- Before returning them to the oven, mix the curry seasoning into a small mixing bowl and blend well. Once fully blended, add the dressing to the pan with the potatoes, taking care to coat the seasoning across all of the remaining potatoes.
- Bake for a further 40 minutes, or until they are gold brown, crispy and aromatic. Serve immediately.
Time Saving Tip: There is no end to the possibilities with this recipe, if you make a large batch you can turn one dish into two meals, leaving you more room to play with flavors like traditional sage, lemon and garlic, or everyone’s favorite, butter and cheddar.