German Potato Salad
- 3 cups cooked diced and peeled Idaho® Potatoes
- ½ pound bacon
- 1 small onion, diced
- ½ tablespoon crushed garlic
- ⅓ cup vegetable or grape seed oil
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chives, finely chopped
- Cook bacon until crisp. Remove from pan and reserve about 2 tablespoons of bacon grease.
- Chop bacon into small pieces and set aside.
- In the hot bacon grease, cook diced onion and garlic until translucent, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, combine oil, vinegar, mustard, water, and sugar. Mix until sugar has dissolved.
- Add salt, black pepper, cooked onion and garlic, and herbs. Mix to combine.
- Add potatoes to the dressing and sprinkle with bacon. Toss to coat.
Time Saving Tip: This recipe is actually best made the day before serving for optimal flavor!