Horseradish Mashed Idaho® Potatoes with Crispy Shallots
- ¼ cup Country Crock® Spreadable Butter with Canola Oil
- 2 large shallots, thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 4 large Idaho® Russet potatoes, peeled, cut into chunks
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup freshly grated horseradish
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon kosher salt, to taste
- fresh parsley, optional
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium high heat. Add the shallots and bring to a simmer; reduce heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally, 20-25 minutes or until shallots turn golden brown and begin to crisp. (They will darken as they cool) Using a slotted spoon, transfer the shallots to a plate lined with a paper towel. Sprinkle with salt and let cool. Once cool, shallots can be kept in an airtight container for several days.
- Place garlic and potatoes in large pot and add just enough water to cover. Bring to a boil over high heat and cook 15 to 20 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the yogurt, horseradish, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Add the potatoes and garlic cloves. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Season with additional salt to taste.
- Immediately before serving, top potatoes with crispy shallots and fresh parsley.