Instant Pot Mashed Idaho® Potatoes
- 2 pounds Idaho® Russet Potatoes, peeled
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Chop potatoes into 1-inch chunks and transfer them to the Instant Pot.
- Add the water and 1 teaspoon of salt to the Instant Pot. Secure the lid and cook on high pressure for 10 minutes. Manually release the pressure by moving the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Drain the potatoes well. Return the potatoes to the Instant Pot, and mash the potatoes with a masher.
- Add the sour cream, butter, 1/2 teaspoon salt and garlic powder. Stir until everything is well incorporated. If the potatoes are looking dry, add a splash of milk or cream and stir.
- Serve the mashed potatoes immediately. Garnish with black pepper and chopped chives, if desired.