Idaho® Potato-Asiago Cheese Muffins with Herbes de Provence
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoon dried herbes de Provence, divided
- 2/3 cup grated Asiago cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup grated Idaho® Yukon Gold potato, skin on
- 3/4 cup peeled, cooked, and mashed Idaho Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 375°F, and line a muffin pan with paper cups. Form the cups into heart shapes by placing a marble or small crumbled piece of foil between the outside of the paper cup and the inside of each circle. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine 3 tablespoons of the butter with 1/2 teaspoon of the herbs, 1/4 cup cheese, and the grated potato. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the mashed potatoes with buttermilk, egg, salt and sugar. Add the flour and baking soda, and mix just until combined. Fold in remaining butter, herbs and cheese.
- Fill each paper cup 3/4 full of batter. Divide the topping evenly amongst the muffins, about 1 teaspoon on top of each one.
- Bake until golden brown, about 25 minutes.