THE IDAHO POTATO COMMISSION ANNOUNCES CHANGES IN LEADERSHIP
Eagle, Idaho (September 14, 2016) --The Idaho Potato Commission (IPC) announced the recent appointments of Ritchey Toevs of Toevs Farm as Chairman and Lynn Wilcox of Wilcox, Floyd & Sons as Vice Chairman of the IPC for the 2016-2017 fiscal year.
"While serving as Commissioners for several years, both Ritchey and Lynn have proven themselves to be outstanding leaders and true advocates of the Idaho® potato industry," stated Frank Muir, President & CEO, IPC. "I look forward to working with them in the upcoming year and implementing our new marketing initiatives that are not only creative, but drive demand for Idaho® potatoes."
All of the IPC's marketing programs were developed to meet four overarching marketing goals:
- Stimulate demand for all Idaho® potato-branded products domestically and internationally.
- Educate consumers that Idaho potatoes are nutritious, heart-healthy, and relevant for today’s lifestyles.
- Build consumer and customer loyalty in seeking Grown in Idaho™ products.
- Increase grower understanding and support of IPC programs.
The IPC is comprised of nine Commissioners who represent the Idaho® potato growers, shippers and processors. They are nominated by industry peers and selected by Governor C.L. “Butch” Otter. The seven other Commissioners are:
- Dan Nakamura, Idahoan
- Peggy Grover, Bench Mark Potato Company
- Tommy Brown, Lamb Weston
- Mike Christensen, Christensen Farms
- Nick Blanksma, Legacy Farms
- Randy Hardy, Hardy Farms
- James Hoff, Hoff Farms
About The Idaho Potato Commission
Established in 1937, the IPC is a state agency responsible for promoting and protecting the famous "Grown in Idaho™" seal, a federally registered certification mark that assures consumers are purchasing genuine, top-quality Idaho® potatoes. Idaho’s growing season of warm days and cool nights, ample mountain-fed irrigation, and rich volcanic soil give Idaho® potatoes their unique texture, taste and dependable performance, which differentiates them from potatoes grown in other states.