Russet Idaho® Potato Rosti with Cholula® Hollandaise
- 1 large russet Idaho® potato
- 1/3 cup scallions, chopped
- 3/4 cup shaved ham, rough chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons clarified butter
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup smoked Gouda, grated
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Cholula® hot sauce
- Pinch of kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Wash potato and dry with paper towel. Grate into a bowl.
- Add scallions, ham, salt and pepper.
- Heat butter over medium-high heat in a nonstick 12" skillet. Spread potato mixture in an even layer.
- Cook on medium heat for 8 minutes. Flip. Cook additional 5 minutes.
- Place in oven and bake 18 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and make 4 shallow indentations in potatoes around the edge. Crack 1 egg into each indentation. Return to oven and cook until egg whites are solid.
- Sprinkle with Gouda and bake one more minute, or until cheese is melted.
- Transfer to plate and top with Hollandaise.
- Melt butter and keep warm.
- Whisk egg yolks and lemon juice in a metal bowl until light yellow in color.
- Place bowl over pan of simmering water – don't let the bowl touch the water.
- Drizzle the butter in slowly, whisking to incorporate.
- Remove from heat. Add Cholula and season to taste with salt.
- Serve immediately.