Idaho® Potato Scones
Monica Kass Rogers
- 1 1/2 pounds Idaho® potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 3/4 cup flour (plus extra for rolling out scones)
- Cooking spray
- In a medium stockpot, in water to cover, over high heat, cook potatoes about 15 minutes, or until fork-tender. Drain potatoes and transfer to a mixing bowl.
- With an electric mixer, beat potatoes until smooth. Add salt, margarine and flour, and mix to combine. Turn mixture out onto a lightly floured board and knead until smooth.
- Divide mixture into four portions. Using a rolling pin, roll and flatten each portion into the size of a dinner plate. Cut each dough round into quarters and prick them with a fork.
- Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium heat until hot. Spray skillet lightly with cooking spray. Cook each scone until lightly browned on the bottom, then flip and brown the other side. Serve warm.
Yield: 4 Servings