Roasted Idaho® Potatoes, Cauliflower and Chickpeas with Kalamata Olive Vinaigrette
Potatoes, cauliflower and chickpeas are roasted until deliciously caramelized, then tossed with a bright olive and lemon dressing. This is a super delicious side dish, worthy of a special occasion, and substantial enough to serve as a vegetarian main dish.
Read Lisa's entire post here.
- 1½ pounds of yellow flesh Idaho® potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 small head of cauliflower cut into bite-sized florets
- 1 15-ounce can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 7 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2½ teaspoons coarse salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- ½ cup pitted kalamata olives, chopped (2½ ounces)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 large clove of garlic, pressed
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh parsley leaves, optional garnish
- Preheat oven to 425ºF for convection or 450ºF for conventional.
- In a large bowl toss potatoes, cauliflower and chickpeas with 4 tablespoons of olive oil, 2 teaspoons of salt and cumin seeds. Spread the mixture out in large non-stick low-sided baking pan or one lined with foil. Roast for 30-35 minutes or until the cauliflower and potatoes are tender and starting to brown.
- While the vegetables are roasting, whisk the remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil with the chopped olives, lemon juice, garlic, ground cumin, ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- In a large bowl toss roasted vegetables and chickpeas with half the vinaigrette. Transfer to a serving bowl or platter. Drizzle the rest of the vinaigrette over the top. Garnish with chopped parsley, if you like. Serve warm or at room temperature.