Grilled Jalapeno, Corn, and Bacon Idaho® Potato Salad
- ½ pound bacon
- 2 pounds Idaho® red potatoes, cut into wedges or bite sized chunks
- 2 jalapeños, seeded and chopped
- 2 ears of corn, kernels sliced off the cob
- ½ red onion, chopped
- salt and pepper
- ¾ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup cilantro
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and roughly chopped
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the grill over medium high heat (Mine was between 400°- 425° F).
- Cook the bacon until crispy. Remove from skillet and place on a paper towel lined plate to dry. Reserve the grease.
- Place two long pieces of foil in a T shape on a counter. Spread half the potatoes out in a single layer in the center of the T. Top with half the jalapeno, corn, and red onion.
- Do the same thing with a second set of foil and the rest of the vegetables. Drizzle the vegetables with the reserved bacon grease and sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper.
- Fold the foil over the vegetables and seal tightly. Place the packets on the grill for 10 minutes. Flip, then grill for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until potatoes can be pierced with a fork.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing. Place all the ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- When the potatoes packets are done, place them in a large bowl and gently toss with the dressing and the cooked and crumbled bacon. Serve warm, or store in the fridge and serve cold. Before serving, top with additional cilantro if desired.
Yield: 6-8 servings