Easy Potato Leek Soup
Delicious Potato and Leek soup made from scratch inside the Instant Pot. This soup recipe tastes amazing using Idaho® Potatoes and seasonal leeks.
Read Love's full post here, along with step-by-step photos.
- 4-5 slices of bacon, chopped
- 3 large leeks, chopped & washed
- 2 pounds Idaho® Potatoes, peeled, diced
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Set Instant Pot to sauté mode and add bacon. Cook bacon for 10 minutes, or until crispy. Remove bacon onto a plate lined with a paper towel.
- Remove all but 2 tablespoons of the bacon grease and then add the leeks. Sauté for 5 minutes.
- Stir in diced potato, chicken broth, thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Put the cover on the Instant Pot and cook on Broth/Soup mode for 10 minutes. Quick-release the pressure.
- Serve with crispy bacon and fresh parsley. Enjoy!