Roasted Carrots, Beets, Red Onion Wedges and Idaho® Potatoes
- Cooking spray
- 2 medium beets (about 5 ounces each), peeled, cut into 1/2-inch wedges, and patted dry with paper towels
- 3 small carrots (about 2 ounces each), cut crosswise into 2-inch pieces (not baby carrots)
- 1 medium red onion (about 4 ounces), cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 3 small russets (about 15 ounces), cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 425°F.
Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil to keep it from getting stained. Lightly spray the foil with cooking spray.
Put the beets, carrots, onion wedges and potatoes on the foil. Drizzle the oil and sprinkle the oregano and salt over the vegetables, tossing gently to coat. Arrange the vegetables in a single layer so they don't touch.
Bake for 15 minutes. Stir. Bake for 10 minutes, or unti the vegetables are just tender when pierced with a fork.
Cook's Tip: Avoid getting beet stains on your hands by peeling the beets under cold running water.
Yield: 4 servings; 1/2 cup each
Serving Size: 1/2 cup