Idaho® Potato Ice Cream
- 3 small Idaho® Yukon potatoes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Pinch of salt and black pepper
- 2 cups whole milk
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temp
- 1/2 cup sour cream, room temp
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Wash potatoes. Leave peel on and cut in 1/2" cubes. Toss with olive oil, salt and pepper. Spread onto baking sheet and roast until cooked throughout, about 20 minutes. Set aside.
- In a sauce pan, bring milk, cream, sugar and corn syrup to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in cream cheese and salt, then sour cream. Chill.
- In a blender, mix ice cream base with potatoes until completely smooth. Strain through a fine mesh strainer, preferably a chinoise. Freeze in ice cream maker. Put in freezer 6 hours or overnight. Makes a generous quart.
(Recipe Photo Contest Winner)