Portabella and Spinach layered Idaho® Potato Soufflé
- 1 cup milk
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1-1/2 cups Idahoan Premium Instant Mashed Potatoes
- 1/3 cup finely chopped shallots
- 1 cup chopped portabella mushrooms
- 2 cups firmly packed, coarsely chopped ready-to-eat fresh baby spinach, plus additional whole leaves for garnish
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease an 8"x8" baking pan
- In a large bowl, whisk milk, water and egg yolks; microwave just until hot. Stir in Instant potatoes; set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat oil. Add shallots and sautÈ until tender, about 2 minutes. Add mushrooms, chopped spinach, salt and pepper; sauté another minute. Set aside.
- Beat reserved egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold gently into potato mixture. Spoon half of the potatoes into the prepared pan, sprinkle with half of the cheese. Spoon spinach mixture evenly over cheese.
- Top with remaining potatoes and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake 20 minutes until puffy and edges begin to brown. Garnish plates with reserved whole spinach leaves. Serve warm.
Yield: 6 servings
Sodium: 471 mg
Fat: 11.2 g
Protein: 11.8 g
Cholesterol: 129 mg