“Be My Valentine” Twice Baked Idaho® Potatoes
- 12 “Amorosa” Idaho® fingerling potatoes (red on the outside, pink on the inside)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Wash and dry the Amorosa Idaho® potatoes. Toss them with the oil and spread them out on a sheet pan. Bake about 30 minutes, until the potatoes are tender. Let sit until cool enough to handle.
- Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise. With a small spoon, carefully scoop out the insides of the potatoes, leaving the skins intact. Put the potato flesh into a bowl with the cream, butter, chives, salt and pepper. Mash with a fork until smooth.
- Scoop the mashed potato mixture back into the potato skins, mounding it up slightly. Return the pan to the oven and bake until the tops are starting to brown, about 20 minutes more. Serve immediately.
If the insides of the Amorosa potatoes aren’t as pink as you’d like, add a teaspoon of pureed cooked beets to the potato mixture before putting it back into the skins.