- 2 large Idaho® Yukon Gold potatoes, chopped in cubes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup fresh epazote leaves, chopped
- ⅓ cup half and half
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 12 corn tortillas
- oil for frying
Ingredients for salsa verde:
- 5 large tomatillos, husked, chopped
- 1 serrano chile, stem and seeds removed, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ teaspoon salt
- romaine lettuce
- radishes, sliced in rounds
- grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- Cotija cheese, crumbled
- Fill a large saucepan half way with water. Add potatoes and boil until tender. Drain and set aside to cool for 15 minutes.
- Mash potatoes. Add salt, epazote leaves, half and half and pepper. Continue mashing until all ingredients are combined into a potato puree.
- In a deep frying pan, fill ¼ half way deep with frying oil. Heat until oil reaches 325°F.
- Warm corn tortilla on a skillet enough to make it malleable. Stuff with 2 tablespoons of potato puree mixture. Roll and place seam side down in the oil. Fry on all sides until golden and place on a paper towel lined plate to absorb excess oil. Repeat with the rest of tortillas.
- In a blender or food processor, combine ingredients for salsa verde. Blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Serve taquitos on a bed of lettuce, radish rounds and tomatoes.
- Top with salsa verde and a sprinkle of Cotija cheese.