Oyster and Idaho® Potato Bisque with Madras Curry and Caviar Potato Chips
- 3 small Idaho® potatoes
- 4 shallots
- 1 bunch chives
- 3 celery stalks
- 1 qt fish stock
- 1 (750 mL) dry white wine
- 10 sprigs parsley
- 10 sprigs cilantro
- 3/4 lb butter
- 2 qts water
- 1 tablespoon Madras curry powder
- 1 pinch saffron
- 1 pinch salt & pepper
- 32 ea oysters, shucked, reserve liquid
- 1 qt frying oil
- 1 Idaho® potato
- 2 oz Osetra caviar
- Peel and dice the potatoes, store in cold water.
- Brunoise (1/8" X 1/8" X 1/8") the shallots.
- Cut the chives 3/4" long.
- Dice the celery.
- Bring the fish stock to a boil, add the potatoes, cook until tender.
- Sweat the shallots and celery in 1/8 lb butter and add the wine reduce by 1/2 add the parsley and cilantro.
- Toast the curry and saffron in a dry pan, 15 seconds.
- Add the spices to the vegetables.
- Add the potatoes and fish stock.
- Add 24 of the oysters and the liquid.
- Puree at high speed. Strain and season with salt, pepper and cayenne mixture.
- Garnish with 1 oyster per bowl and top with the caviar chips and chives.
- Peel the potatoes to 1 1/4" Diameter.
- Slice on the mandolin waffle cut.
- Heat the oil to 300°F.
- Fry the chips crisp.
- Top with caviar and chives.