Oriental Chicken Topping
- 4 large Idaho Potatoes, baked
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 small boneless skinless chicken breasts halves, cut into thin strips (about 2 cups)
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper strips
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1 cups snow peas, halved diagonally
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- In large nonstick skillet, over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add chicken; cook, stirring until browned and cooked through, about 6 to 7 minutes. With slotted spoon, remove chicken from skillet, set aside. Add onion, red pepper and carrots. Cook until crisp-tender, about 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in snow peas, chicken broth and ginger. Bring to boil; reduce heat. Simmer until vegetables are tender, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Return cooked chicken to skillet. In small bowl, combine cornstarch with soy sauce. Add to skillet; stir. Bring to boil; cook until thickened, about 1 minute.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise, cutting almost to base of potato. Mash slightly with fork, leaving in skins. Spoon chicken and vegetable mixture over each potato, dividing evenly.