Idaho® Potato Curry Spiced Pomme Frites
- 1 Idaho® Russet potato (about 10 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- kosher salt
- Heat the oven to 415°F and line a sheet pan with baking parchment.
- Combine the coconut oil and curry powder in a shallow dish and set aside.
- Slice the potato very thinly lengthwise, into approximately 1/8-inch slices, on a mandolin or with a sharp knife. Pat the slices dry with paper towels and then cut the slices into super fine matchsticks. Gently coat the matchsticks with the curry and coconut oil mixture.
- Place a single layer of pomme frites onto the prepared sheet pan and bake for 10 to 14 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through. You want them to brown but not get completely charred. Remove the pan from the oven and immediately sprinkle the pomme frites with a pinch of kosher salt.
- Continue to bake the remaining pomme frites in batches and shoving them directly in your mouth.
Wendi Mosteiko, Bon Appetithon