Microwave 3-Minute Breakfast Hash
- 1/2 cup dehydrated potatoes, rehydrated. Or use fresh shredded potatoes, that have been rinsed to remove starch, drain and pat dry in between paper towels to remove excess moisture or spin dry using a salad spinner.
- 1 egg
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- Top with ketchup or salsa
- Coat one 8-oz. microwave-safe ramekin or small cereal bowl with cooking spray.
- Add potatoes and microwave on HIGH 1 minute until hot. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add egg and beat with fork until blended.
- Microwave on high 30 seconds more and stir.
- Microwave until egg is almost set, 15-30 seconds longer.
- Top with cheese and serve with ketchup or salsa.
Saturated Fat: 5g
Protein: 10g / 20%
Recipe courtesy of the American Egg Board.