Mashed Idaho® Potato Ghost
- 2 pounds Idaho® potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 tablespoons lightly salted butter
- 2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- Black olive slices
- Other Materials for Creating the Ghosts:
- Wax paper
- Cook potatoes in large pot of boiling water until tender.
- Drain, transfer to a mixing bowl and mash with the butter. Season with salt and pepper.
- Using the pen, draw different shaped ghosts on the wax paper. Use your imagination - make them tall, short, fat and skinny!
- Cut out each ghost and place the cut out on a plate. Using the wax paper as your guide, spoon the mashed potatoes onto the cut-out ghost. Use the black olive slices for eyes or decorate as you wish.
- Time-saving Tip: Use instant mashed Idaho® potato flakes instead of fresh potatoes. Both taste great!
Yield: 8- 10 servings
Sugar: 1 g
Sodium: 250 mg
Fat: 2.5 g
Fiber: 2 g
Protein: 2 g
Cholesterol: 5 mg