Ingredients for the crust:
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- ½ cup cold unsalted butter cut into ½ tablespoon-sized pieces
- ¼ cup ice water
Ingredients for the topping:
- 6 ounces bacon, cooked to just done – not crispy
- ¾ cup pecans
Ingredients for the filling:
- 1 ½ pounds Idaho® potatoes
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 large eggs
Directions for the crust:
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix flour, salt, and rosemary.
- Use your hands to mix in butter just a little bit.
- Add the ice water a little bit at a time, mixing with your hands until the dough can stick together in a ball. You should still be able to see pieces of butter.
- Wrap the dough ball in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Remove from the refrigerator, roll out to an 11-inch circle, and transfer to a 9-inch pie pan. Crimp the edges of the crust.
- Use a fork to poke small holes in the crust. Cover with parchment paper and top with pie weights.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the crust is lightly browned.
- Remove crust from the oven to cool to room temperature and then remove the pie weights. Keep oven at 375° F.
Directions for the topping:
- Food process bacon and pecans together until they are finely chopped.
Directions for the filling:
- Place potatoes in a small saucepan on high heat. Add enough cold water to cover the top of the potatoes.
- Once the water boils, reduce heat to medium low and cover. Cook the potatoes in lightly boiling water until tender, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Drain the water.
- Once the potatoes are cool enough to touch, peel the skins off. They should come off easily.
- Mash the potatoes in a food processor.
- Add the brown sugar, maple syrup, salt, and butter into the food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Add heavy whipping cream and pulse until smooth.
- Add eggs one at a time, pulsing until smooth after each one.
- Pour into the prebaked pie shell.
- Evenly distribute the topping over the filling.
- Bake at 375° F for 40 minutes or until the center of the pie is set but still wiggles ever so slightly when you move the pan. Check the crust at about 30 minutes. If it looks like it is getting golden brown, cover crust with foil or a pie guard.
- Cool to room temperature (at least an hour) before slicing and serving.