Idaho® Potato Wontons
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced, fresh ginger root
- 1 cup finely shredded cabbage
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 1 cup prepared instant Idaho Potatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 5 cups peanut oil for frying
- In a medium skillet, over medium-high heat, warm the olive oil. Add the ground turkey, garlic and ginger and cook until turkey is browned and cooked through. Add cabbage and cook another 2 minutes; remove from heat. Stir in the scallions, prepared potatoes and pepper.
- Assemble wontons: Place 1 tablespoon of turkey filling in the center of each wonton wrapper. Fold wonton over filling in a triangle shape. Moisten edges of the triangle with water, the fold the left and right corners together and pinch to seal. Repeat with the remaining wonton wrappers and filling. Set wontons aside.
- In a wok or deep fry, heat the peanut oil to 350?. Fry the wontons in three batches, for 3 or 4 minutes per batch, or until golden brown. Drain cooked wontons on paper towels. Serve wontons with Chinese mustard or soy sauce for dipping, if desired.
Yield: 8 servings
Sodium: 265 mg
Fat: 13 g
Protein: 8 g
Cholesterol: 29 mg