Idaho® Potato Soufflé
- ½ cup Idaho Potatoes, peeled and diced small
- 2 cups Idaho Potatoes
- 3 oz cream cheese, whipped
- 1½ tablespoon crème fraîche
- 1½ tablespoon melted butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon white pepper, ground finely
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- Preheat convection oven to 400°F.
- Blanch small-diced potatoes in salted water and shock in ice. Reserve.
- Peel and cook the two whole potatoes in salted boiling water until tender.
- Purée using a food mill.
- In a mixing bowl combine puréed potato, cream cheese, crème fraîche, melted butter, egg yolk, salt and pepper.
- In a separate bowl beat egg whites to stiff peaks.
- Fold egg whites and small-diced potato into puréed potato mixture.
- Coat four 3-inch diameter ring molds with pan spray and place on a sheet pan.
- Add two fluid ounces of soufflé batter to center of each ring mold.
- Bake at 400°F for 10 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Pair with smoked salmon and sections of orange.
- Top with crème fraÎche and caviar.
- Garnish with fresh chives.
Yield: 4 servings