Heart-Healthy Drop Kick Idaho® Potato Dip
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 2/3 cup Idaho® potato flakes
- 1 ripe medium avocado, peeled, pit removed
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 2-3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup diced fresh tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 medium jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Place all Hummus ingredients in a blender, secure with lid and puree until smooth.
- Combine and mix together all Topping ingredients in a small bowl.
- To serve, place hummus in a medium size serving bowl and top with tomato mixture.
- Serving Suggestion: Serve with baked pita chips or assorted vegetables such as red bell pepper slices, jicama, squash rounds, cucumber rounds and carrots.
Yield: 8 servings
Sodium: 240 mg
Fat: 10 g
Fiber: 3 g
Protein: 2 g
Cholesterol: 5 mg