Sticky "Blue Forty-Two" Idaho® Potato Kabobs
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup small blue cheese crumbles (plus some for garnish)
- 1/8 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
- pinch salt (optional)
- 6 tablespoons salted butter
- 1/2 cup hot sauce
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/8 cup white vinegar
- 1/8 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
- 4 small/medium Idaho® Russet Potatoes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- Ground salt and pepper, to taste
- 5 or 6 10-inch wooden skewers, pre-soaked
- 2 stalks celery, finely diced
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the sour cream, blue cheese, mayonnaise, garlic and salt, if using. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, over medium-high heat, combine butter, hot sauce, honey, vinegar, brown sugar, and garlic. Bring mixture to a simmer then reduce heat to low, stirring occasionally until thickened.
- Meanwhile, slice potatoes into 1-inch thick pieces. Place in a 1.5-quart glass dish with 1/2 cup water. Cover and microwave potatoes on high just until tender, about 7 minutes. Drain water, let potatoes steam dry then gently coat with oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Thread potatoes onto skewers.
- Heat grill to high, place kabobs over lightly oiled grates, grill until golden and slightly charred around the edges, about 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Drizzle glaze over skewers, sprinkle with celery and blue cheese. Serve immediately with Blue Forty-Two Sauce and remaining Buffalo Glaze.