Buttermilk Idaho® French Fingerlings
Simple and elegant, Buttermilk Idaho® French Fingerlings double as an appetizer or side dish.
- 1 pound Idaho® French Fingerlings
- 2 tablespoons caraway seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 16 ounces buttermilk
- 3 ounces melted butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Wash potatoes; peel strip from top to bottom of each potato on both sides.
- Place potatoes in 2-quart saucepan. Sprinkle with caraway seeds, salt, pepper and cardamom. Pour buttermilk over potatoes to completely cover. Bring to boil. Lower to simmer; cook until potatoes are firm-tender, about 25 minutes.
- Remove potatoes from buttermilk, removing as much milk curd clinging to potatoes as possible. Place potatoes in serving bowl.
- Toss potatoes with melted better and parsley.