Mediterranean Idaho® Potato-Parmesan Hummus
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup instant Idaho® potato flakes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, preferably freshly grated (1/2 ounce)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped kalamata olives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, preferably Italian flat leave
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika, garnish
- Bring water and garlic to boil in a medium saucepan over high heat. Whisk in potato flakes, reduce to low heat, and cook 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat, stir in tahini, lemon juice, oil, tomatoes, salt and pepper. Cool to room temperature.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, except paprika. Spoon into serving dish and sprinkle with paprika.
Notes:A Note From The Test Kitchen: Serve with pita or potato chips, or fresh veggies, such as red pepper strips, cucumber slices, or spooned into fresh mushroom caps.
Yield: 6 servings (1/3 cup per serving)
Sodium: 310 mg
Fat: 6 g
Fiber: 3 g
Protein: 5 g
Cholesterol: 5 mg
(Recipe Photo Contest Winner)