Idaho® Potato Lollipops (sweet version)
This recipe is an adaptation of the Idaho® Potato lollipop recipe courtesy of Bart Hosmer, Executive Chef, Marriott Properties
- 6 medium Idaho® russet potatoes (100 count), peeled
- Oil for deep frying
- 18 lollipop sticks
- ¼ teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon coarse sugar
- Caramel dipping sauce
- Chocolate Ganache
- Mix sugar and cinnamon together and place in a bowl.
- Slice ½” off of each side of the potato. Using a Mandoline or slicer cut potatoes into 1” thick slices.
- Cut slices into rounds or other shapes using a cookie cutter.
- Place 1 teaspoon sugar and pinch of salt in 1 quart of simmering water. Blanch potatoes for 2-3 minutes. Drain and pat dry.
- Heat oil to 350°F and drop potatoes into oil. Using a metal skimmer, move potatoes around to coat evenly. Once golden brown remove potatoes.
- Place lollipop sticks into potatoes and roll in cinnamon sugar.
- Serve with caramel sauce and/or chocolate Ganache.