Idaho® Potato-Crusted Summer Vegetable Quiche
- cooking spray
- 3 small or 2 medium Idaho® potatoes, scrubbed
- ½ cup diced zucchini squash
- ½ cup diced broccoli flowerets
- ½ cup diced red bell pepper
- ½ cup shredded carrot
- ¼ cup sliced green onion
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon Herbes de Provence
- ¼ cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 3 egg whites
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup fat-free half and half
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Coat a 9-inch round pie plate with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Pierce potatoes with a fork. Microwave on HIGH for 7 to 8 minutes or until soft. Remove from microwave and let cool 5 minutes.
- Combine zucchini, broccoli, red bell pepper, carrot, green onion, garlic powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH for 5 to 6 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Set aside.
- Slice cooked potatoes into thin slices. Arrange slices in prepared pie plate along the bottom and edges of plate, creating a "crust". Drizzle olive oil and sprinkle Herbes de Provence over the potatoes. Add vegetables into the potato crust. Sprinkle cheeses over the vegetables.
- Whisk the egg whites, eggs, fat-free half and half and remaining 1/4 teaspoon sea salt in a small bowl until well combined. Pour over the top of the cheeses.
- Bake at 350° F for 45 minutes or until set. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
This quiche makes great leftovers! Store tightly covered in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Baked quiche freezes well, up to 2 months. Thaw overnight and bake at 350° F for 20 minutes or until heated through.
Yield: 6 servings
Serving Size: 1/6 quiche