Smoky Spanish Potato Salad
This amazing Smoky Spanish Potato Salad is made with red Idaho® potatoes, roasted peppers, cherry tomatoes, chorizo, Spanish Manzanilla olives, and green onions and covered with a very flavorful dressing made from Spanish Sherry vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, garlic, mustard and two types of Spanish smoked paprika (sweet and hot). The potato salad is then finished with some chopped parsley for that extra kick of freshness. There's no mayo in this salad so it can hold up very well at the outdoor parties.
Read Edyta's full post here.
- 8 medium red Idaho® potatoes, washed and cut into 1” sized pieces
- 1¼ teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/3 cup roasted red peppers, chopped
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/3 cup Spanish Manzanilla green olives with pimentos
- ¼ cup Spanish cured chorizo, cubed
- 2 tablespoon scallions, white and green parts, chopped
- 2 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons Sherry vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon hot Spanish smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh black Pepper
- Place cut potatoes into a pot, cover with water, and add 1 tablespoon of table salt. Boil for about 20-25 minutes, until the potatoes are fork tender. Drain and cool off.
- Prepare the dressing: In a jar mix together: vinegar, garlic, mustard, olive oil, both types of paprika, remaining salt & pepper. Shake to combine.
- Place cooled potatoes into a mixing bowl. Gently coat with the dressing.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and mix again.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
- For a vegan version, skip the chorizo.
- If you like your food spicier, increase the amount of Hot Spanish smoked paprika to a ½ teaspoon.
- The way you cut your potatoes is a personal preference, you can leave them bigger for more texture or cut them into smaller bite-size pieces. But if the potatoes are cut smaller, they’ll cook faster so keep an eye on them.