Moroccan Potato Salad
A tasty and easy to make Moroccan Potato Salad! It's the perfect side dish for your next BBQ or get together.
Read Stacy's full post here.
- 3 pounds Idaho® potatoes, cleaned
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 - 6 tablespoons harissa, I used mild, adjust to taste if using hot
- 3 teaspoons pomegranate molasses (syrup)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon parsley, dried
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 small red onion, sliced thinly
- 2 - 3 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 - 2 tablespoons pomegranate seeds, to garnish
- Small handful micro greens and/or fresh mint, to garnish
- Fill up a large pot with cold water, add cleaned whole potatoes and bring to a boil. Boil potatoes for 20 - 30 minutes or until fork tender. Drain and allow to cool. Once cooled, slice the cooled potatoes into 1/2 inch slices.
- In a large skillet, add the olive oil and butter and heat until butter is melted, then add the sliced potatoes and brown for about 3 - 5 minutes on each side.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a small bowl mix together the mayonnaise, harissa, pomegranate molasses, garlic powder, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Gently fold the mayonnaise mixture into the browned potatoes and mix well.
- Toss in the sliced red onions and feta cheese.
- Garnish with pomegranate seeds and micro greens or mint.
Store Moroccan Potato Salad covered in refrigerator for up to 3 days.
If you are unable to find pomegranate molasses (syrup), you can substitute half of the amount with lemon juice.