Festive Green Bean, Roasted Red Pepper, Pine Nut & Potato Salad
- 4 red Idaho® potatoes
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 12 ounces fresh green beans
- 1/4 cup roasted red peppers in oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Bring large pot of thoroughly salted water to a boil. Add red potatoes and cook for about 20 minutes until fork tender. Remove potatoes from water and allow to cool.
- In a small sauté pan, toast pine nuts on low heat for 5 minutes, shaking the pan constantly. You don’t want them to burn. You want a light golden color.
- Bring another large pot of thoroughly salted water to a boil. Add green beans and boil for about 3 to 4 minutes, until tender. Once tender, strain and place into an iced water bath to stop the cooking.
- Slice roasted red peppers into thin long strips.
- Mix honey into balsamic vinegar and whisk in olive oil.
- Once potatoes are cool to touch, cut in half lengthwise and slice into 1/4 inch pieces.
- Toss potato slices, green beans, roasted red peppers in large bowl. Drizzle with balsamic dressing, scatter the pine nuts on top of the salad and season with 1.5 teaspoons of sea salt and 1 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper.