Idaho® Potato Chili Garlic Masala Toast
Idaho® Potato Chili Garlic Masala Toast is a mouthwatering dish that's also a popular Mumbai street food.
Read Priya's full post, including step-by-step instructions, here.
- 1 cucumber, chopped or grated
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 2-3 green chiles, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1-2 tablespoon mixed herbs, minced
- ½ tablespoon cumin powder
- ½ tablespoon garam masala
- Salt to taste
- 4 Idaho® potatoes
- 4-6 bread slices
- Garlic spread
- Green chutney
- Sandwich masala*
- Mozzarella cheese
- Red pepper flakes
- Oregano, chopped, for garnish
- Ketchup and chutney for serving
- Squeeze water out of the cucumber and place in a mixing bowl.
- Add bell pepper through salt and stir to combine. Set aside
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Boil Idaho® potatoes in salted water. Peel the skin and mash. Note: Always mash the potatoes when they are hot as it's more difficult when they are cold.
- Add the mashed potatoes to the Masala Sauce and stir to combine. Check the seasonings and adjust as necessary.
- Spread the bread slices with any or all of the following items - garlic spread, green chutney or hummus.
- Top with a generous layer of the mashed potato mixture.
- Sprinkle Sandwich Masala on top and a layer of mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 5 to 7 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- Garnish with red pepper flakes and chopped oregano. Serve hot with ketchup and chutney.
* Available at your local Indian store.