Idaho® Potato and Brussels Sprouts Warm Salad
The potatoes and Brussels sprouts are baked until perfectly caramelized, then tossed with a vegan mayonnaise that is super creamy and flavorful. The dish is so satisfying and it can even be served as a main dish.
Read Maggie's entire post here.
- 1 big russet Idaho® potato, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 shallot or 1/4 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons roasted pine nuts
Vegan Mayonnaise Directions:
- 2 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon miso paste
- 3 tablespoons liquid from 1 can of chickpeas, plus 12 whole chickpeas
- 3/4 cup grapeseed oil or vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon agave syrup (or cane sugar)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425° F (218° C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss potato and Brussels sprouts in a big bowl with olive oil and salt. Spread onto the parchment paper into one layer without overlapping. Bake for 15 minutes. Toss once. Continue baking until the veggies are browned and tender, another 5 minutes.
- While roasting the veggies, combine all the mayonnaise ingredients in a tall container. Use an immersion blender to mix at high speed until it forms a smooth texture.
- Once the veggies are cooked, set them aside to cool for 5 to 10 minutes, then transfer them to a big bowl. Add the red onion, cranberries, and pine nuts. Toss with half of the mayonnaise and season with more salt if needed. Serve warm as a side.
- Store the rest of the mayonnaise in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.