Healthy Chipotle Cumin Baked Idaho® Potato Chips
- 4–6 medium Idaho® Russet Potatoes (about 1-½ pounds)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ teaspoon chipotle powder
- ½ teaspoon dried cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons (tangy) hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 425º F. Scrub and wash outside of potatoes. Cut sideways into ⅛-inch (or thicker) slices. Place in a large bowl. Add olive oil, chipotle, cumin, salt and pepper. Toss to combine and evenly coat.
- Place seasoned potato slices in a single layer on a parchment lined or greased baking sheet. Bake 15–18 minutes, or until potatoes are lightly browned and cooked through (you do not need to rotate during cooking). Change oven to high broil. With potatoes about 6 inches from heat source, broil 3–5 minutes to crisp tops. Watch carefully to prevent burning. Remove from oven.
- Meanwhile, to make dipping sauce: Combine sour cream, hot sauce and milk in a small bowl. You may need more or less milk to reach desired thickness. Serve baked potato wedges immediately with dipping sauce.