Idaho Red Bliss Potato and Chorizo Hash
- 1 pound red potatoes, whole, boiled until tender, cooled, diced into ¾” pieces
- 3/4 pound fresh chorizo, removed from casings
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Cilantro, minced, for garnish
- Heat skillet on stove top. Add chorizo and brown, breaking into smaller pieces while it’s cooking.
- Add onion and red pepper and cook until tender.
- Drain liquid from chorizo mixture and remove from skillet. Set aside.
- Wipe out skillet and add olive oil.
- Sauté potatoes until crisp and brown on all sides.
- Add chorizo mixture and mix well. Heat through.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and serve.
Option: Top each serving with a fried egg.
Yield: 4 servings
(Recipe Photo Contest Winner)