Idaho® Potato Hash Brown Coated Chicken Cutlets
- 2 1/2 cups buttermilk biscuit mix, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups frozen Idaho® Potato hash browns, thawed and diced finely
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 thinly sliced chicken breast cutlets (about 1.5 pounds)
- Heat oven to 400° F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together 2 cups of the biscuit mix with the eggs, water, pepper and salt until smooth; set mixture aside for 20 minutes.
- Place thawed hash browns into a shallow bowl. Place remaining biscuit mix in a gallon-sized plastic bag; add chicken cutlets, seal bag and shake to coat cutlets. Heat olive oli in a large, heavy frying pan until hot.
- Working with one cutlet at a time, remove cutlet from plastic bag, dip in reserved biscuit mixture to coat both sides, and then place cutlet into the bowl with the hash browns. Pat hash browns onto the cutlet.
- Transfer each cutlet to the frying pan (you may have to work in batches if they don't all fit) and fry for 5 minutes on each side, or until hash browns begin to brown. Transfer cutlets to a baking pan and bake for 20 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and potatoes are golden brown.
- Serve cutlets with marinara sauce or ketchup, if desired.
Yield: 6 servings
Sodium: 934 mg
Fat: 16 g
Protein: 35 g
Cholesterol: 137 mg