Grilled Idaho® Potato Ice Cream
- Bring the milk and cream to a boil with the potato skins.
- Whisk the yolks and the sugar together. Temper the liquid into the yolk mixture and return to stovetop.
- Cook until the mixture thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Strain and cool in an ice bath. Process in ice cream machine.
Milk Chocolate Flourless Cake
- Melt the milk chocolate and butter together.
- Temper the eggs into the chocolate mixture.
- Pour into a foil-lined half sheet pan.
- Bake in the still oven at 350° F until done, about 15 minutes.
- Cut into 2x2.5in rectangles.
- Combine water, glucose, butter, and brown sugar in a pot over med-high heat; cook to hard crack.
- While sugar is cooking, warm 2 silpats in the oven.
- Take sugar off heat, stir in bacon, vanilla, baking soda, and salt. Stir quickly until it gets lighter in color and starts to pull away from the sides.
- When toffee is ready, pour onto warmed silpat, and top with the other warm silpat.
- Roll as thin as possible.
- When cool, chop into small pieces. Reserve in airtight container
- Bring cream and glucose to a boil.
- Pour over dark chocolate.
- Whisk to emulsify.
- Add butter last, whisk to combine.
- Transfer to squeeze bottle.
- To serve, sauce should be thin enough to spread into a thin circle when poured (may need to add cream or warm slightly).
Idaho® Potato Rings
- Thinly slice the potatoes on mandolin.
- Cut rings with 2 concentric ring cutters (3" & 2 3/4").
- Fry in oil until golden.
- Drain on paper towels and sprinkle lightly with sugar and salt.
- Dehydrate overnight.
- Note: 3 rings are needed for each serving.
- To plate
- Squeeze the chocolate sauce into the center of the plate - it should spread on its own.
- Place a rectangle of the milk chocolate flourless cake in the upper right hand "corner" of the pool.
- Gently score the cake to create "slots" for the potato rings.
- Place the potato rings in the slots, pushing into the cake slightly to make sure they are secure.
- Mound the toffee against the left edge of the cake, trailing about halfway around the pool of sauce.
- Put a few shards of bacon toffee on top of the cake.
- When fired, quenelle the ice cream and place on top of cake inside of rings.