Tomato and Onion Hash Browns
- 2 (90 count) Idaho potatoes, peeled and shredded each
- 1/4 cup slow -roasted tomato halves
- 1/2 cup sliced, roasted onions
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a 12-inch teflon pan over a medium heat until quite hot.
- Add 1 tablespoon of the oil to the pan.
- Add half of the shredded potatoes to the pan, spreading evenly in order to cover the bottom on the pan. Press the potatoes firmly and season with some salt and pepper.
- Spread half the onions over the layer of potatoes to within 1 inch of the out side edge. Layer the tomatoes evenly over the onions and then the remaining onions over the tomatoes. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Spread the remaining potatoes over the onions to form a complete potato bake. Season with salt and pepper.
- Reduce the heat to medium -low and continue to cook until the bottom of the hash brown is well browned. Drizzle the remaining oil over the hash brown then use large spatula to flip it over.
- Cook until well-browned then remove to a warm platter. Cut into pie-like slices to serve.
Notes:This recipe is gluten-free
Yield: 4 servings
The Dressing Room