Ham, Black Eyed Pea, and Idaho® Potato Slow Cooker Soup
- 2-3 large Idaho® potatoes, peeled and diced into ½ inch cubes. About 4 cups.
- 1 cup dried black eyed peas
- 1 smoked ham hock
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- 3 ribs of celery, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 5 chicken bouillon cubes
- 8 cups water
- fresh grated Parmesan cheese for garnish
- Combine all ingredients to a 7 quart slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Lift ham hock from the soup and use a fork to shred meat from the bone. Add meat back to the slow cooker.
- Serve soup topped with grated parmesan cheese
Yield: 12 bowls