Idaho® Potato & Mascarpone Tart
If you’re looking for a great baked potato side dish, look no further than this Idaho® Potato & Mascarpone Tart. Simple yet impressive. The perfect holiday potato recipe.
Read Betsy's full post here.
- 1 14-ounce package frozen puff pastry, thawed
- ¾ cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup mascarpone
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- ¾ pound baby Idaho® potatoes, thinly sliced
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Unroll puff pastry onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Using a hand mixer beat together Parmesan cheese, mascarpone, smoked paprika and thyme until light and creamy.
- Spread cheese mixture evenly over the surface of the puff pastry leaving a ½-inch border.
- Lay out thin potato slices in an even layer over the cheese, overlapping slightly.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes until the pastry is golden brown and cooked through. Garnish with additional thyme and serve immediately.