Genius Potato, Turkey and Stuffing Layered Leftovers
- 4 cups Idaho® mashed potatoes (leftovers)
- pat of butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon breadcrumbs*
- 1 cup chopped turkey pieces (leftovers)
- 2 cups stuffing*, crumbled (leftovers)
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Spread the pat of butter over the inside of the pan, and sprinkle the bottom with breadcrumbs.
- Stir the eggs into the mashed potatoes, one at a time; mixing well after each addition.
- Spread half of the potatoes into the pan, and then add the pieces of turkey, covering the potatoes evenly. Spread the remaining potatoes over the turkey layer, then top with the stuffing, pressing down gently with a fork.
- Cover with oiled aluminum foil, and bake for about 30 minutes. Remove foil and continue to bake for another 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool for about 5 minutes before serving. Best served with turkey gravy, and leftover sides such as cranberry sauce and green beans.
*For a gluten-free version, omit the breadcrumbs and substitute gluten-free stuffing for wheat based. Also, for a vegetarian version, use a meat-substitute or vegetable for the turkey. Ingredients are all approximate as measurements are not critical in this recipe, and can be made in individual ramekins instead of one pan.