Fudge Mocha Idaho® Potato Cake
- 1 cup strong coffee or 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules and 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup instant Idaho® potato flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Serve with 1 cup fat free whipped topping
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray an 8-inch by 8-inch nonstick baking pan with cooking spray.
- Combine coffee and chocolate chips in a large microwave-safe bowl, cover and cook on HIGH setting 1 minute, stir, microwave an additional 15 -30 seconds or until chocolate is melted. Place in refrigerator 10 minutes to cool slightly.
- Remove coffee mixture from refrigerator. Using an electric mixer on low speed, beat the egg into the mixture. Beat in the sugar until well blended. Add applesauce and vanilla, and beat until just blended. Gradually add the remaining ingredients and beat until just blended. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake 33-35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes before inverting onto a cooling rack. Cool completely. Serve with whipped topping (about 2 tablespoons per slice).