Vegan Coconut & Blackberry Potato Ice Cream
Idaho® potatoes are the secret to this thick and creamy vegan ice cream with a summery coconut blackberry flavor.
- 10 ounces Idaho® russet potatoes
- 12 ounces fresh blackberries
- 2 (13.5 ounce) cans full-fat coconut milk
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons vodka (to keep ice cream from icing up)
- Heat oven to 400°F. Prick potato in several spots and bake on a cookie sheet until skin begins to crisp and potato has a little give when squeezed, about 40 minutes. (You may also cook the potato in the microwave.)
- Cool until the potato is comfortable to touch. Peel off the skin.
- Place peeled potato, blackberries, coconut milk, sugar, and vodka in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Press blended mixture through a sieve to strain out blackberry seeds.
- Churn in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions.