Cream of Potato Jalapeño Soup
- 2 slices bacon
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 jalapeños, seeded and minced
- 3 cups Idaho® potatoes, diced
- 32 ounces chicken broth
- 12 ounces fat free evaporated milk
- 1 cup low fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon each sea salt and pepper
- 1 cup thin tortilla strips
- In a large Dutch oven, brown the bacon and add the onions, jalapeño and garlic. Sauté for about 4 minutes.
- To the Dutch oven, add the potatoes and broth and bring to a boil. Cook until potatoes are tender. Add the milk, 1/2 cup of sour cream (retain the rest to garnish) and spices. Puree with an immersion blender.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish if desired with a dollop of sour cream and thin tortilla strips.