Potato, Leek and Spring Onion Soup
- 3 spring onions, diced
- 3 med leeks, washed, and blanched
- 3 Idaho potatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic puree
- 1 1/2 gallon chicken stock
- 2 oz butter
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1 bunch watercress
- In a medium rondeau melt the butter (no color) and gently sweat the onions, garlic, and leeks until tender, again no color or browning.
- Add the potatoes and the chicken stock. Bring to boil and simmer until the potatoes are fully cooked. Puree in a large blender until completely smooth and silky. Add the cream and pulse until fully blended.
- Take 3/4 cup of the soup and return to the blender. Add the watercress and puree until completely smooth. Swirl into the soup as a garnish.
South Gate ,Jumeirah Essex House Hotel
New York City